Monday, June 13, 2016

One Page Dungeon Contest 2016 and Beyond

As weeks go, this one has been a bit surreal. It started with a conversation with Random Wizard while working on the 2016 One Page Dungeon Compendium, where I shared some ideas for the 2017 One Page Dungeon Contest. As the conversation continued, he suggested that I run the contest outright.  I was humbled by the suggestion, but I have to say that I was pretty excited about the prospect as well.

I was first introduced to the contest in 2010 when Random asked me to work on an entry with him, and have been involved ever since as either a participant or by supporting the contest behind the scenes. I am thrilled to take on the role of organizer for the next contest (which may come sooner than April 2017).

My thanks go out to ChattyDM, Chgowiz, Amityville Mike, and Sham for creating and organizing the first contest in 2009, as well as Alex Schroeder and Random Wizard for organizing, expanding, and building a community around the contest over the last seven years!


The following link is for the original 2009 contest announcement by ChattyDM:

New Grand Contest: The One-Page Dungeon!


The contest has a rich tradition of fantastic judges who have dedicated their time pouring over hundreds upon hundreds of entries, and an impressive assortment of sponsors who have helped make the contest (and prizes) possible.

I have been busy completing the 2016 Compendium (as well as the 2015 Compendium) and setting up the website.  I am working with Random Wizard to move all of the resources (images, contest details) over to the new site, and this is definitely a "work in progress".

Once this is complete, I will begin working on setting up the next contest, which I would like to see happen sooner than April 2017.

-Pike






3 comments:

  1. I'm really happy to see this continuing. Wow, we're only 2 contests away from a decade of OPDC! That's ... scary and cool all at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a little scary to be sure ...Big shoes to fill but I am excited! Looking forward to the next contest already. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. The community has helped make the contest cool for eight years.

      Delete
  2. Let me know if you need access to any of the following:
    https://www.facebook.com/onepagedungeon/
    https://plus.google.com/communities/102418065496443171998
    https://plus.google.com/117300415578119692506
    https://twitter.com/onepagedungeons

    ReplyDelete