Friday, March 16, 2018

Links, Links, and More Links

Did you know that many, if not most, of the original One Page Dungeon Contest entries have embedded hyperlinks the creators have pointed to their websites and blog posts, often supporting the adventure, and sometimes even expanding upon it.

When I convert the PDFs to tifs, these links are killed. So, once I have put a compendium together, I slowly crawl through each page looking for links, creating invisible rectangles and embedding a new link that replicates the effect of the original. This is easily the most time consuming part of the whole process, but I definitely think it is time well spent. Some links, especially for the older contests, simply don't work anymore, so it is not a guarantee that I can "re-hyperlink" everything, but I try to catch them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment