Friday, March 16, 2018

All Compendia Complete

With a few clicks on the keyboard, I uploaded the print files for the 2010 One Page Compendium. This title will complete the collection. Print Editions for 2017 and 2011 are approved and ready to send off for a proof. Files for 2012, 2010, and 2015 have been uploaded and I am waiting for approval.
 
One thing I have begun to do is create a second file for download with each title that includes 300ppi images.  When optimizing a PDF per the OBS directions, the images are downsampled to 144ppi (or close to that). In the past I simply went with the optimized version as the 300ppi PDF has a very large file size.

 I don't know why it never occurred to me to include both, even though I had the larger file version sitting in a folder on my computer.  I have begun to do this work for the Compendia that were completed last year as well, unfortunately most of the original Indesign files were lost when my computer died a year ago or so. Since then I have taken some precautions against losing everything again, but must recreate each of these Compendia from scratch (2013, 2014, and 2015). I was able to recover some files from the 2016 edition from the fragged hard drive, but will probably recreate it from scratch using the latest template so that all the books are uniform in design and layout.  One good thing is that I am able to fix some minor errors that still lingered in the PDFs in the process.
I have begun with 2015. The PDF versions (large and small file size) have been completed and uploaded, and the print files for the recreated book have been uploaded as well.

Once all the current books (2017, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010) are approved, I will order the proofs and make them available as soon as possible, and reconfigure some of the bundles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment